WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU FIRST JOIN
Your program officially begins when you attend a one day Induction Day. On this day you will be introduced to the military environment, meet your chain of command, get sized for your uniforms, and start learning the basics of being a cadet.
- Meanwhile, your parents will be attending a Parent Orientation, a day long course where they will gain the necessary knowledge to help you be a successful cadet.
- At the end of the day, you and your parent will meet with one of our senior officers for an interview. We want to make sure that you understand what your expectations will be as a cadet.
- Once you have confirmed your commitment, you will attend the next drill weekend as a recruit. You'll be a member of the Recruit Platoon, and begin our three month Indoctrination program.
- Upon completion of the requirements, you will graduate, be advanced to the rank of Seaman Apprentice (Temporary) and join your shipmates in 1st or 2nd Platoon.
- You will attend Recruit Training when it is offered during the next school break.
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE NAVAL SEA CADETS
You may be eligible to join the Sea Cadets if you:
are aged 14-17
students must be a junior in high school or younger to enroll
students who are 13 years old and in the 8th grade may enroll only if they turn 14 prior to 1 September. No exceptions. No 7th graders or younger may enroll as a Sea Cadet.
complete a basic medical exam
are enrolled in a school or certified home school program
have parental consent and support
possess good moral character
are drug free
are interested in the program
are prepared to attend drills regularly
are prepared to become physically active
are willing to put forth effort to advance in the program
agree to attend one annual training each year